Religare is a reputed general insurance company of India. The company is promoted by three entities which include Religare Enterprises Limited, Union Bank of India and Corporation Bank.
It is a standalone health insurance company which offers a range of indemnity health plans, fixed benefit health plans and travel health plans. The travel insurance plans, offered by the company, offer coverage for international trips taken by the policyholder. The plans come in different variants and the coverage features are comprehensive with affordable premiums.
Types of Religare travel insurance plans
There are two types of travel insurance plans offered by Religare Insurance. Each plan is different from one the other as they cater to different requirements.
Here are the plans’ highlights –
Explore is an overseas travel insurance plan. It covers international trips taken for business purpose or leisure. Both individuals and families can opt for this plan. In fact, even senior citizens can buy this plan as there is no maximum entry age limit. The plan is available in six options. There are individual coverages for trips taken to Asia, Africa, Europe and Canada. The Canada plan covers trips to different parts of the world, except trips taken in USA. Besides the four area-oriented plan variants, there are two more variants -Gold and Platinum. Both these options are available for world trips.
Religare Student Explore
As the name suggests, this is a specially designed student travel insurance plan. The plan is available in four variants. However, rather than being area specific, this plan’s variants are coverage oriented. They offer different sum insured levels the sum insured increases with each variant level.
Religare travel insurance features and benefits
The features and benefits of each type of travel insurance plan offered by Religare are as follows –
- Separate plan variants for separate destinations. For worldwide trips, Canada+, Gold and Platinum plan variants are available
- Coverage for USA is available in Gold and Platinum plans
- The sum insured level starts at USD 50, 000 and goes up to USD 500, 000
- The minimum entry age is 1 day. There is no maximum entry age. Individuals of all ages can buy the plan
- Both single trip and multi trip plans are available
- Family members can also be covered under the plan
- The plan covers students going abroad for higher education
- Four variants of the plan are available – Explore Start, Explore Plus, Explore Super and Explore Ultra
- Explore Start is the basic plan with limited features. Explore Ultra, on the other hand, is a comprehensive plan with high sum insured levels
- The sum insured ranges from USD 50, 000 and goes up to USD 1, 000, 000
- Unique coverage benefits like university insolvency, trip delay, loss of laptop or tablet and emergency cash advance are available in Explore Ultra variant.
Religare Travel Insurance Policy Coverage
Coverage features in the travel insurance plans are as follows –
- Inpatient hospitalisation up to the sum insured
- Accidental hospitalisation up to the full sum insured
- Pre-existing diseases are covered in case of life-threatening cases. Coverage is up to 10% of the sum insured
- Outpatient care
- A fixed daily allowance in case of hospitalisation
- Upgradation to business class in a common carrier in case of hospitalisation for a long time
- Dental expenses
- Personal accident cover which covers against accidental death and total and permanent disablement
- Medical evacuation
- Repatriation of mortal remains
- Trip delay, cancellation or interruption
- Loss of delay of checked-in baggage
- Loss of passport
- Personal liability if any third party is injured or any third party property is damaged
- The Platinum variant of the plan also covers other features like compassionate visit, return of minor child and common carrier accidental death, etc.
- Medical expenses incurred on inpatient hospitalisation covered up to the sum insured (not available in Explore Start)
- Coverage for pre-existing illnesses in case of life threatening situations (not available in Explore Start)
- Extended cover where the insured is residing (not available in Explore Start)
- Outpatient care (not available in Explore Start)
- Repatriation of mortal remains (not available in Explore Start)
- Medical evacuation (not available in Explore Start)
- Dental expenses (not available in Explore Start)
- Accidental death, permanent total and partial disablement
- Compassionate visit
- Loss of checked-in baggage or delay of baggage
- Loss of passport or international driving license
- Personal liability
- Study interruption
- Sponsor protection
- Bail bond
- Coverage at home country, etc.
Religare Travel Insurance Exclusions
Some instances which are not covered in both plans include the following –
- Expenses occurring due to alcohol or drug abuse
- War and related perils and nuclear contamination
- Intentional self-injury, suicide or attempted suicide
- Indulging in hazardous activities or adventure sports
- Illnesses due to HIV/AIDS infection, etc.
Religare Travel Insurance Claim Process
To make a claim, the policyholder should follow the following steps –
- Inform the insurance company immediately in case of a claim. To intimate a claim, the company’s service provider – Falck Global Assistance – should be contacted. The toll-free, contact number is 18443013135 /18443013146for USA and Canada. For other countries there is a call-back facility when you call the number – +91-124-4498760. You can also fax at +91- 124- 4006674
- For reimbursement claims, the policyholder should contact the company at its registered address which is Religare Health Insurance Company Limited Vipul Tech Square, Tower C, 3rd Floor, Sector – 43, Golf Course Road, Gurgaon – 122009. The toll-free number is 1800 200 4488 which is accessible only through India.