United India Insurance Company Limited is a public sector general insurance company which offers a multitude of general insurance products to individuals. Both retail and commercial insurance products are offered by the company. In terms of health insurance, the company offers different varieties of health insurance plans.
There are individual health plans, family floater plans, senior citizen health plans, top-up plans as well as fixed benefit critical insurance plans. While the mediclaim plans fulfil the health insurance requirements, policyholders are often confused about the underlying premium amounts. To solve this confusion, United India allows a mediclaim premium calculator. This calculator calculates the premiums of all online mediclaim plans sold by the company.
How to calculate premium using the mediclaim premium calculator
To calculate the premium, the following details are to be provided in the mediclaim premium calculator –
• The expected policy start date and end date which determines the tenure of the health insurance plan
• The type of insurance policy needed – individual or family floater
• The amount of sum insured required
• Whether any additional coverage benefit is required or not. There are two benefits to choose from – daily cash allowance in case of hospitalisation and Ambulance cover if it is not inbuilt in the plan
• The date of birth of the insured. If family members are also being covered, their dates of births are also required. Family members can be added by clicking on ‘Add spouse’ button and ‘add children’ button.
• The relation of the members being covered. The relation should be expressed in context of the policyholder.
• The marital status of the policyholder is also required to be entered in the mediclaim premium calculator
• The last detail which is to be entered is whether the proposer or any of the family members being covered under the plan suffer from any pre-existing illnesses or not. There is a box which needs to be ticked if there is any pre-existing illness.
Once all the details are entered, there is a ‘Get Quote’ tab at the end of the calculator. When the tab is clicked, the premium is calculated and displayed. The proposer can agree to the terms and conditions of the policy and also buy the policy online.