Star Health and Allied Insurance Company Limited is engaged in offering only health insurance plans to customers. A range of health insurance plans are offered by the company and some of the plans are unique in their class. The health insurance plans offered by the company have a good scope of coverage benefits and the premium rates are also affordable.
There are pre-calculated health insurance premium charts as well as an online mediclaim premium calculator. The online premium calculator lets policyholders determine the premium rate for their chosen health insurance plan before they actually buy the policy. Once the premium is calculated, the policyholders can also recalculate the premium rates by changing the details entered in the calculator. Let’s understand how Star Health’s Mediclaim Premium Calculator works –
Star Health Mediclaim Premium Calculator
The premium calculator is available on the company’s website. To find the premium calculator, the following steps should be taken –
- The policyholder should visit the company’s website at www.starthealth.in
- On the home page, the policyholder should select ‘Plans’
- The list of plans offered by the company would open. To view all the available plans, the individual should select ‘View all plans’
- When the list of plans opens, the policyholder should select the plan which is being considered for purchase
- On the plan’s page, the premium calculator is located on the top itself
- The policyholder would provide the details into the calculator for it to work
How does the calculator work?
For the calculator to work the policyholder should provide the following details –
- The sum insured to be chosen from a range of sum insured levels offered by the plan
- The date of birth of the insured
- The number of members who are required to be covered. There are separate tabs for adults and children. Under adults only the spouse can be added and under dependent children a maximum of two children can be covered
- The pin code of the area in which the proposer resides. The pin code gives the location which also affects premium calculations
Once all these details are entered into the calculator, the premiums payable would be displayed. The individual can also buy the plan online using the buy button available on the premium calculator.