Tata AIG is a joint venture between one of India’s largest conglomerates Tata Group and the American International Group (AIG). The company was established in January 2001 and ever since then it has been offering a range of general insurance products to both individuals as well as corporates.
Comprehensive general insurance plans are offered by the company in the category of liability insurance, marine cargo insurance, personal accident insurance, travel insurance, health insurance, rural agriculture insurance, etc. With a nationwide presence in 98 locations, buying health insurance products from Tata AIG is simple and convenient. That is why the company’s health plans are popular amongst individuals.
Why to choose Tata AIG Health Insurance?
Tata AIG’s health insurance plans are developed with professional expertise of the company. The plans provide comprehensive coverage at affordable premiums and are suitable for varied healthcare requirements.
Here are the reasons why Tata AIG Health Insurance plans are good –
• Six types of health insurance plans are offered suiting different needs of individuals. Thus, Tata AIG Health Insurance plans fulfil all types of health insurance needs of individuals
• Cashless claim settlement is done within four hours of claim intimation making the plan attractive
• Free medical second opinion is allowed under critical illness plans of the company
• The top-up plan offered by the company allows attractive discounts and also covers up to 7 people
Tata AIG Health Insurance plans overview
Here are the health insurance plans offered by Tata AIG –
Mediprime is a comprehensive health plan which covers a range of coverage benefits. The benefits include the following –
o Accidental dental treatments are covered under the plan
o Coverage available for AYUSH treatments
o Both inpatient and outpatient vaccination expenses are covered
• Critical Illness Plan
This plan covers twelve major critical illnesses and pays the sum insured in lump sum on diagnosis of any of these illnesses. Medical second opinion is also covered under the plan. The policyholder can also choose to increase the sum insured when renewing the plan.
• Wellsurance Executive Policy
This is a simple health insurance plan which covers hospitalisation and post hospitalisation expenses incurred on physiotherapy, chemotherapy or kidney dialysis. A range of free health services are also available under the product. The plan pays benefits for critical illnesses, major and minor surgeries, accidental or illness related hospitalisation, convalescence benefit and ambulance costs.
This is a top-up health insurance plan which can be taken to cover the entire family including dependent parents. Other benefits of the plan include the following –
o Premium discounts are available for choosing to buy the policy for 2 years or if 2 or more members are covered
o Inpatient hospitalisation, pre and post hospitalisation expenses are covered along with organ transplant expenses and domiciliary treatments
o Dental coverage is also available under the plan
• Wellsurance Family Policy
This is a family floater health plan covering the entire family. Coverage features include ICU benefit, daily cash allowance, ambulance costs, critical illness benefit, accidental and sickness hospitalisation, convalescence benefits and education benefit.
This is a senior citizen health plan meant for covering older individuals. Individuals aged 61 years and above can buy the policy. Long-term policy discount and family members discount help in lowering the premium cost. Organ donor and domiciliary expenses coverage is the highlight of the plan.
• Wellsurance Woman Policy
This policy is specifically designed for women and provides women-centric coverage benefits. Coverage benefits include ambulance charges, ICU charges, cosmetic reconstruction surgeries for improving bodily function, critical illness benefit, accidental and sickness hospitalisation and convalescence benefits among others.
This is an affordable health insurance plan which provides simple coverage benefits at extremely low premium rates. The entire family can be covered including parents. No pre-acceptance medical check-ups are required till 55 years of age. Attractive premium discounts are also available for lowering the premium outgo. Free health check-ups are provided once in every four policy years.
Steps to renew Tata AIG Health Insurance
Renewing a Tata AIG health insurance plan is quite simple. The policyholder needs to visit the insurance company’s website for online renewals which are done easily and quickly. Here are the steps of renewing health insurance plans online –
• Visit the website of the company at www.tataaig.com
• Choose ‘Renew’ on the home page
• Choose ‘Health’ for renewing your health insurance policy
• Provide your mobile number and your policy number
• Then you can proceed to see the policy details and the renewal premium required to pay
• You can make changes to the policy on renewal.
• After the necessary changes are done, you can pay the renewal premium online
• Once the premium is paid, the policy is renewed and issued online
Claim process of Tata AIG health insurance policy
Making a claim under a Tata AIG health insurance policy is quite easy. The policyholder should follow the below-mentioned steps –
• Register your claim either on the website of the insurance company or by calling the company’s claim helpline number
• The claim form should be filled and submitted with the company
• Along with the form, various documents would be required
• For cashless claims, treatments should be taken at a network hospital. The TPA of the insurer would co-ordinate with the insurance company and the company would settle the bills directly
• If treatment is not taken at a network hospital, the policyholder would bear the costs of hospitalisation. Thereafter, the claim form should be filled and submitted along with the hospital bills and reports. The insurer would then reimburse the costs incurred.