Oriental insurance is a public sector general insurance company which offers a range of general insurance products. Both individual and corporate general insurance products are offered by the company. The company was formed in 1947 and has been engaged in the insurance business for the last 80 years.
Policyholders can find motor insurance policies, personal accident policies, shopkeeper policy, householder policy and health insurance policies from the company. Thus, all the insurance needs of the policyholder can be met with Oriental Insurance. Under health insurance, the company offers a wide variety of plans with different coverage benefits and features.
Why to buy Oriental health insurance?
Oriental Insurance Company, being an old insurance company enjoys trust and popularity among policyholders. Moreover, here are the reasons why policyholders should buy Oriental health insurance plans –
- There are a range of plans available with the company at affordable premium rates. Policyholders can choose the most suitable plan as per their needs
- The company handles its health insurance claims very efficiently. If treatments are taken at a network hospital, claims are paid in a cashless manner
The company has a dedicated mobile app which the policyholders can download and keep a track of their policies on their mobiles.
Oriental health insurance plans overview
The different plans offered by the company include the following –
This policy is offered to individuals who are availing emigration clearance. Personal accident cover, hospitalisation expenses, maternity expenses, repatriation, legal expenses, etc. are covered under the plan.
- Oriental Mediclaim Policy
The policy is allowed for accountholders of Oriental Bank of Commerce up to 79 years of age. Sum insured is allowed up to Rs.10 lakhs. Coverage is given for daily hospital cash, organ donor expenses, funeral expenses, ambulance costs and day care treatments.
- PNB Oriental Royal Mediclaim
This plan covers accountholders of Punjab National Bank who are aged up to 79 years. Policyholders can enjoy coverage for organ donor expenses, 116 day care procedures, ambulance costs, funeral expenses, etc.
- Individual mediclaim policy
This plan covers a single individual for sum insured levels of up to Rs.10 lakhs. Attractive discounts are available under the plan. No pre-policy medical check-ups are required if the insured is up to 55 years of age. Notable coverage benefits include daily hospital cash and domiciliary hospitalisation.
- Group mediclaim policy
This is a group health plan available for groups with a minimum size of 50 members. Family of the group members can also be insured under the plan including dependent parents. The premium is low and the plan also allows an optional cover for maternity and new born baby cover.
- HOPE policy
HOPE stands for Health of Privileged Elders and it is a senior citizen policy covering individuals aged 60 years and above. Premium discounts are allowed for not making any claims during the policy period. The policy covers specified diseases and pays a specified portion of the sum insured based on the illness covered.
- Happy family floater policy
This is the most comprehensive health insurance plan offered by the company which covers the entire family. Coverage is extendable to cover SAARC countries, organ donor expenses when the person himself is the donor, maternity expenses, new born baby, life hardship survival benefit and restoration of sum insured.
- Overseas mediclaim policy – business and holiday
This is an international travel plan which covers international hospitalisation when the insured is traveling abroad for business or holiday. Accidental death or disablement, medical expenses and repatriation, loss and delay of baggage, loss of passport, personal liabilityare some of the coverage features of the plan.
- Overseas mediclaim policy – employment and study
This is also an international travel plan meant for individuals travelling overseas for employment of studies. Medical expenses including evacuation and repatriation, medical emergency reunion, contingency insurance, etc. are some coverage benefits.
- Jan Arogya Policy
This is a micro health plan which covers simple hospitalisation expenses at very low premium rates.
- Oriental Happy Cash Plan
This is a hospital cash plan which pays a daily benefit on hospitalisation. Females are allowed an additional benefit. A convalescence benefit is also paid under the plan.
Procedure to renew Oriental health insurance policy online
The online renewal process of Oriental health insurance plans is quite simple. Here it is –
• Visit the company’s website at https://orientalinsurance.org.in
• On the home page there is an option of ‘Renewal Online’ which is available at the bottom of the home screen
• There ‘Renewal of OICL policy’ should be selected to renew an existing Oriental health insurance policy
• On a new page, the policy number should be mentioned of the existing health plan
• After providing the policy number hit ‘Renew Now’
• The policy details and the renewal premium would be displayed
• Pay the premium online and the policy would be renewed
Claim process of Oriental health insurance policy
To make a claim under Oriental health insurance policy the following steps should be followed –
• The policyholder can dial the company’s toll-free number 1800 11 8485 or non-toll-free number 011 33208485 to make a claim intimation
• The intimation of the claim can also be made on the website of the company https://orientalinsurance.org.in
• If the claim is cashless, the insured should avail treatment at a network hospital and inform the company upon hospitalisation. The company would pay the bills directly
• If it is a non-network hospital, the company should be informed and the policyholder should pay the medical expenses. After the documents are submitted, the company reimburses the expenses incurred by the policyholder and settles the claim