Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between an Indian company and a multinational company which is famous globally. The Indian counterpart of the venture is Bharti Enterprises which has multiple business interests like financial services, agriculture business, telecommunication, retail and manufacturing.
The AXA group, on the other hand, is the foreign partner which has an international reputation in providing insurance and asset management services. The general insurance company was formed in August 20087 and offers a range of general insurance solutions like motor insurance, health insurance, travel insurance and personal accident insurance.
Why to Buy Bharti AXA Health Insurance Policy
Bharti AXA is a preferred choice for buying health insurance policies because of the following reasons –
- The company is backed by two reputed names in the Indian and international industrial sector. This makes the company highly efficient and reliable
- The company has a tie-up with more than 4500 hospitals in the country which facilitates easy settlement of cashless claims
- There is a dedicated team for assisting with health insurance claims. The team is available 24*7 at the click of a button or on call.
- The company offers four main types of health insurance plans. These plans provide comprehensive coverage and also charge affordable premium rates.
Key Advantages and Benefits of Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plans
Bharti AXA health insurance plans have distinct advantages and benefits which are as follows –
- Easy online support with Bharti AXA’s website which helps policyholders to buy the plan, renew it or simply get a health insurance quote. Moreover, there is also a calculator which helps individuals in finding out about their ideal health insurance coverage level.
- The coverage available under Bharti AXA health insurance plans is flexible in nature. Sum insured levels up to Rs.1 crore can be availed
- With a tie-up of over 4500 hospitals, the health plans offer ease of cashless claims
- There are two types of no claim bonuses in Bharti AXA health insurance plans. One is increment of the sum insured at the same rate of premium. The sum insured gets increased by up to 100%. The other is a discount in the premium amount. Discount ranging from 5% to 25% of the sum insured is available under the plan.
- Maternity benefit is also available in one health insurance plan. The waiting period for the benefit can go as low as 9 months if higher levels of sum insured are selected
- Sum insured restoration feature is available
- Besides indemnity health insurance plans, Bharti AXA also offers a critical illness policy and a super top-up health insurance policy for enhancing an existing health insurance cover.
List of Bharti AXA health insurance policies
Five health insurance policies are offered by the company. These policies are as follows –
1. Smart Super Health Insurance Policy
This is one of the most popular and comprehensive health insurance plan offered by Bharti AXA. The policy is available both for individuals and also for families. In case of family floater coverage, self, spouse and up to three dependent children can be covered under a single plan. The plan allows optional coverage benefits too which are available at an additional premium. Here are the features of the policy –
- The entry age for the plan starts from 91 days and goes up to 65 years. In case of dependent children, the maximum cover ceasing age is 23 years. Moreover, children in the age bracket of 91 days to 5 years can be covered under the plan if either of the parent is also covered
- There are three optional benefits under the plan. The first one is the critical illness benefit which covers listed illnesses and pays an additional sum insured is the insured is diagnosed with any of the listed ailments. The second one is hospital cash which pays a daily benefit in case the insured is hospitalised for 24 hours or more. The last one is maternity and new born baby cover. This cover allows maternity costs and new born baby costs to be covered.
- The available policy tenures are 1, 2 and 3 years
- Pre hospitalisation is covered for up to 60 days while post hospitalisation is covered for up to 90 days
- AYUSH treatments, which are non-allopathic alternative treatments, are also covered by the plan. Moreover, there are no coverage limits. Such treatments are covered up to the sum insured
- The plan comes in three variants of Value, Classic and Uber. Coverage starts from Rs.5 lakhs under the Value Plan and goes up to Rs.1 crore in the Uber variant
- There is no capping on the room rent under inpatient hospitalisation. A single private AC room is allowed under the plan
- Domiciliary hospitalisation, i.e. treatments taken at home, is also covered up to the sum insured without any limits
- If, in any policy year, the sum insured is exhausted in paying earlier claims, it is restored back to 100% for any future claims. This feature is inbuilt in the plan and requires no additional premiums.
- At higher sum insured levels, OPD expenses are also covered. OPD expenses incurred in dental treatments which are a result of an accident or for any other accidental treatments are covered under the plan
- Air ambulance coverage is also available under the plan at higher variants where the sum insured is higher
- Maternity coverage is available if you select a policy term of 3 years. In that case, the waiting period for maternity cover is only 9 months
- Annual health check-ups are available free of cost. This benefit helps individuals keep a track of their existing health and to take precautionary measures in case of any abnormality
- Vaccination for animal bites is also covered if the chosen sum insured is Rs.10 lakhs and above
- No claim bonus of up to 50% enhancement of the sum insured is allowed after the first claim-free policy year if the insured is below 45 years of age when the policy was bought.
2. Smart Health Insurance Policy
This policy is a simpler version of the Super health plan. Under this plan, coverage is offered up to Rs.5 lakhs. Thus, this plan is suitable for individuals looking for basic, no-frills health insurance plans which come at affordable premium rates. The benefits offered by the plan are as follows –
- Both individual and family floater version of the plan is available. Under the family floater plan, the policyholder, spouse and two dependent children can be covered.
- The age limit starts at 91 days and covers individuals up to 65 years of age. In case of a family floater plan covering dependent children, coverage for dependent children is available only till they are 23 years old.
- There are three variants of the plan – Basic, Premium and Optimum. The sum insured under these variants are –
Basic – Rs.50, 000, Rs.1 lakh, Rs.2 lakhs, Rs.3 lakhs and Rs.5 lakhs
Premium – Rs.1 lakh, Rs.2 lakhs, Rs.3 lakhs, Rs.4 lakhs and Rs.5 lakhs
Optimum – Rs.1 lakh, Rs.2 lakhs, Rs.3 lakhs, Rs.4 lakhs and Rs.5 lakhs
- Day care treatments and AYUSH treatments are available up to the sum insured limits without any restrictions
- Domiciliary hospitalisation is covered if such hospitalisation exceeds 3 days. Coverage is available for up to 10% of the sum insured
- Free health check-ups are allowed once in a block of 4 continuous policy years
- Critical illness add-on is available with the policy. This add-on pays for an additional sum insured covering hospitalisation expenses. The coverage starts 60 days after the policyholder buys the policy
- Hospital cash allowance is also available as an add-on. A daily benefit of Rs.250 to Rs.350 per day is payable on hospitalisation depending on the plan variant selected
- Home nursing expenses are also covered under the Premium variant of the plan
- If the insured suffers from a critical illness, dread disease recuperation benefit is paid on a daily basis. The benefit ranges from Rs.200 per day to Rs.300 per day depending on the plan variant selected by the policyholder
- In case of an organ donor treatment, costs incurred in the transportation of organ are also covered
- Inpatient physiotherapy expenses are also covered if the relevant add-on is bought by the policyholder
- OPD treatments for accidental injuries is available as an add-on optional benefit
- 5% of the renewal premium is offered as a discount as a no claim bonus. This discount increases every claim-free year and goes as high as 25%.
3. Smart Health Essential Insurance Policy
This policy is a hospital cash fixed benefit plan. The plan pays daily cash benefit per day of hospitalisation. This benefit is fixed when the policy is bought and does not depend on the actual medical costs which have been incurred. The benefits of this policy is as follows –
- There are three variants of the plan – A, B and C. Plan A pays Rs.1000 per day for a maximum of 60 days. Plan B pays Rs.2000 per day for 90 days and Plan C pays Rs.3000 per day for 120 days.
- Individuals aged 91 days to 65 years can buy the plan. For children up to 5 years, coverage would be available if one or both the parents are already covered under the plan
- A family floater plan covering self, spouse and two dependent children can be bought
- If the insured is admitted in the ICU, the daily cash benefit doubles. It then becomes Rs.2000, Rs.4000 and Rs.6000 per day depending on the plan variant selected
- There is also a premium discount of 5% if the policy is renewed without there being any claim in the previous year. This discount is cumulative in nature and increases every year by 5% when no claim is made. Thus, you can earn a maximum premium discount of 25% in the renewal premium if the policy is renewed for five consecutive claim-free years.
- The policy is offered for a period of 12 months after which it should be renewed.
4. Smart Health Critical Illness Policy
Smart Health Critical Illness Policy is another fixed benefit health insurance plan. The policy covers some specified critical illnesses which require very high funds. If the insured is diagnosed with any of the covered critical illness during the term of the plan, the sum insured is paid in lump sum. This benefit can be used by the policyholder any which way. It is not necessary to use the policy benefits on the payment of medical expenses only. The plan is, thus, a flexible plan having the below mentioned benefits –
- ● The critical illness plan comes with two benefit options. The policyholder can either choose to avail reimbursement of hospitalisation expenses in case of a critical illness or take the sum insured in lump sum on being diagnosed with the covered illness.
- There are three plan options. The sum insured available is Rs.2 lakhs, Rs.3 lakhs and Rs.5 lakhs.
- If the reimbursement of hospitalisation expenses is the chosen option, coverage under the plan would be available for inpatient hospitalisation and the related expenses. Under this category, the plan would cover inpatient hospitalisation, pre and post hospitalisation, dread disease recuperation and transplantation of organs.
- Moreover, in case of reimbursement, there are additional coverage benefits too. Coverage is allowed for hospital cash allowance, home nursing, ambulance charges, inpatient physiotherapy charges, recovery grant, accompanying person’s expenses, children education fund and transportation of mortal remains.
- The critical illnesses covered by the plan include cancer of specified severity, myocardial infarction or first heart attack of specified severity, coronary artery disease, open chest coronary artery bypass graft, open heart replacement, repairing of heart valves, surgery of the aorta, stroke which causes permanent symptoms, kidney failure which requires regular dialysis, aplastic anaemia, end stage lung disease, end stage liver failure, coma of specified severity, third degree burns, major organ or bone marrow transplant, multiple sclerosis with persisting symptoms, fulminant hepatitis, motor neurone disease with permanent symptoms, primary idiopathic pulmonary hypertension, terminal illness and bacterial meningitis.
- There is a premium discount of 5% for each claim free year. This discount increases by 5% every claim-free year up to a maximum of 25%
5. Smart Health High Deductible Insurance Policy
The last insurance policy offered by Bharti AXA is a top-up health insurance policy. Under this plan, there is a sum insured and a deductible limit. The policyholder chooses both the sum insured and the corresponding deductible limit. In each instance of claim, the deductible limit is to be borne by the policyholder. Any excess claim would, then, be paid by the insurance company. Here are the benefits and features of the plan –
- Both individual and family floater variants are available under the plan. Individuals aged up to 65 years can buy either of the two available variants.
- The sum insured under the plan ranges from Rs.3 lakhs to Rs.10 lakhs. The corresponding deductible limits, on the other hand, are Rs.1 lakh, Rs.2 lakhs and Rs.3 lakhs
- Coverage under the plan is available for inpatient hospitalisation, pre hospitalisation expenses for up to 30 days, post hospitalisation expenses for up to 60 days, organ transplantation costs, ambulance charges for taking the insured to the hospital, physiotherapy expenses incurred on an inpatient basis, expenses incurred on an accompanying person.
- Treatments which do not require a hospital stay of 24 hours because of medical advancements are called day care treatments. Such treatments are also covered by the plan
- The policy offers a no claim discount in the renewal premium. If no claim is made in a policy year, the renewal premium is discounted by 5%. This discount increases by 5% every consecutive claim-free year till it reaches a maximum of 25%. Thus, policyholders can enjoy up to 25% premium discounts if they don’t make a claim for five consecutive policy years.
Bharti AXA Health Insurance Hospital Networks
Bharti AXA Health Insurance plans have a backing of a strong network of tied-up hospitals. More than 4500 hospitals across the country are tied up with the insurance company to provide cashless treatments. You can locate the networked hospitals in your location or vicinity by simply visiting the company’s website and looking for the list of tied up hospitals.
If treatments are taken at a networked hospital you can get cashless settlement of your claims. Alternatively, you can also call up the insurance company’s customer care department and inquire about the networked hospital nearest to you. The customer care team would then give the list of hospitals in your city which are tied-up with the insurance company. You can choose any hospital as per your preference and suitability and avail cashless treatments.
Inclusions and incidents covered by Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plans
Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plans provide a wide scope of coverage to individuals. These coverage features are both inbuilt and optional in nature. The inbuilt coverage features which are found in all plans include the following –
- Pre hospitalisation
- Inpatient hospitalisation
- Post hospitalisation
- Ambulance costs
- Day care treatments
- Organ donor treatments
- Alternative treatments or AYUSH treatments
- Domiciliary treatments which are taken at the home of the insured
- Physiotherapy expenses which are incurred on an inpatient basis
Besides these inbuilt coverage benefits, optional coverage features are also allowed for the following –
- Hospital cash allowance
- Maternity benefit
- Critical illness cover
- Outpatient expenses incurred on accidental injuries, including dental expenses
Exclusions or incidents that are not covered by Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plan
Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plans also have an exclusion list. This list states the instances when the health insurance coverage would not be available. Some common instances stated in the exclusion list include the following –
- Pre-existing diseases are either not covered or covered after a waiting period. This waiting period is, usually, 48 months in most Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plans
- Specific illnesses are covered after 12 months or 24 months
- Maternity and pregnancy related expenses, unless they are specifically covered under the plan
- Injuries or illnesses due to war, war like activities, nuclear radiation and contamination, sexually transmitted diseases, HIV/AIDS infection, etc.
- Expenses incurred in the first 30 days of buying the policy unless they are due to an accidental injury
- Illnesses or injuries suffered under the influence of intoxicating substances, when participating in adventure sports or other hazardous activities, in criminal acts, in case of attempted suicides and self-inflicted injuries, etc.
- Cosmetic treatments and circumcision
- Dental treatments and surgeries
- Outpatient expenses and costs of lens, spectacles, hearing aids, etc.
- Mental or congenital disorders and the costs incurred in their treatments
- Treatment done by an individual who is not a registered medical practitioner or treatments taken at a place which is not a proper hospital
- Expenses incurred on vitamins and tonics unless they are a part of treatment of specified illnesses or diseases
- Any type of weight reduction treatments or fertility treatments
- Medical treatments which are experimental, unproven, unconventional and untested.
Bharti AXA Health Insurance Premium Calculator
Bharti AXA Health Insurance plans come with ahealth insurance premium calculator which helps you in calculating the premiums online. To use the calculator, you have to provide some of your details which influence the premium and help in calculation. The details include –
- Your name
- Date of birth
- Email id
- Mobile number
- Whether coverage for spouse is required or not
- If required the date of birth of the spouse
- Whether children are to be included or not and the number of children if they are to be included
- The city and state of your location
- Annual income to help determine an optimal level of sum insured
- The term of the policy
After all these details are entered in the calculator, the premium quotes can be seen. You can choose for optional benefits and the premium rates would be adjusted accordingly. Bharti AXA Health Insurance premium calculator helps policyholders to calculate the exact premium rate which would be charged on their choice of health plans. They can, therefore, get an estimate of the premium and buy the health insurance plan which suits their affordability.
How to Apply for Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plans
Applying for Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plans is a simple and easy affair. One simply needs to visit the website of the company and apply and buy the plan online. Here are the steps –
➢ Visit the website at www.bharti-axagi.co.in
➢ Choose ‘Health’ on the home page
➢ You would be taken to the health page where you have to choose ‘ Buy Bharti AXA Policy’
➢ You would be taken to the Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plan premium calculator where you can calculate the premium
➢ Once the premium is calculated and you customise the plan as per your requirements, you can hit ‘Continue buying’
➢ Specific questions would be asked to which you have to answer in Yes or No
➢ Then you hit ‘Continue’ and apply for the health insurance plan